Chris will be starting as headcoach in Carmarthen in September. Swimmers, parents and coaches/committee would like to once again thank Chris for his hard work, support, encouragement and expertise given during his time at Fishguard Flyers.
“We did coasteering, team building and the assault course (in which we got very muddy!) My favourite activity was the coasteering because it was exciting and challenging.” – Jake “I found that it was a fun experience and I really enjoyed the activities. My favourite activity was the kayaking – we played lots of games and jumped in at the end. I sank my kayak! The high ropes were challenging” – David “Fun! We did archery and canoeing. The archery was in the woods with real arrows. We played lots of games in the canoes including squiditch and battleships (If you got hit by a sponge 3 times you had to jump off your boat into the water and shout ‘arghhhh – you sunk my ship’) and jumped off the rocks at the end. It was an amazing epic day” – Andrew
Excellent news – the contractors are expected to finish repairs earlier than expected and the pool will be open for training as normal tomorrow (Tuesday 15th July).
All Flyers sessions will resume as normal from Tuesday 15th July.
Remember the pool is CLOSED tonight (Monday 14th July) so there is no training tonight.
The club has managed to secure some lane swimming for Dev 2 & 3 swimmers over the school holidays.
The following training has been made available for Dev 2 and 3 only. Any swimmer wishing to attend must notify the centre the night before so that they can allocate a lane to flyers.
- Tues 19th Aug 7-9am
- Thurs 21st Aug 7-9am
- Tues 26th Aug 7-9am
- Thurs 28th Aug 7-9am
There will no programme provided and the sessions will not be coached.
The agreement is that swimmers must notify the leisure centre the evening before if they intend to swim.
This is the responsibility of the individual swimmers and should this notification not be given then a lane may not be available to them.
Happy holidays and wishing all coaches and swimmers a fabulous summer break with lot’s more sunshine!!!
A team of seven swam at the West Wales Junior Development Meet on Saturday 21st June 2014 at WNP Swansea. It was a fantastic day – long and hot!! All achieved PBs with some excellent improvements shown overall. Thanks to Katherine Clapham for being TM.
- Kayleigh Fischer (8) – 2 PBs and 6th overall
- Liah Williams (8) – 2 good swims
- Rhiannon Clapham (8) – 3 PBs
- Bethan Bailey (11) – a PB of almost 7 secs in 100 Back
- Amy Thomson (11) – PBed all 3 races including a massive 15 secs off her 200 Free
- Patrick Clapham (12) – PB in the 200 IM
- Osian Morgan (12) – swam as an exhibition swimmer and PBed in all 5 races including 9 secs off his 200 Free
The team swam well and had a good day. Isabel Johns wowed everyone watching with an exhibition standard swim in the 400IM. Osian had an excellent day with PBs in all his races. Thanks to Beth for being TM and Marion for officiating.
- Rachael Lewis (9) – 3 PBs including a massive 22 secs off her 100IM time
- David Scott (10) – a 16 sec PB in the 100IM
- Joseph Curtis (10) – 12 sec PB in the 50 Back
- Amy Thomson (11) – PBs in the 100 Back and 100 Freestyle
- Michael Lewis (12) – PBs in the 50 Breast and 100 Freestyle
- Osian Morgan (12) – 1st in the 200IM with a fantastic PB time of 2.45.85 and 2nd in the 100 Fly, Free and Breast- with PBs in all races
- Carys James (15) – PB in the 100 Fly
- Isabel Johns (17) – 1st in the 400IM with a PB of nearly 3 secs
- Jake Scott (12) – PBs in 4 races including 7 secs off his 400IM time
- Osian Morgan (12) – PBs in 3 races including a massive 6.5 secs off his 200IM time
- Hannah Myers (13) – LC PB in 100 Fly
- Hannah Pusey (14) – 4 LC PBs in Fly and Freestyle
- Menna Phillips (14) – 2 PBs in the 200 and 400 freestyle events
- Carys James (15)- good technical swims
- Bethan Phillips (16) – good technical swims
- Amelia Davies, Bethan Phillips, Carys James, Jake Scott, Hannah Myers, and Menna Phillips have also been reselected for Potential
- Carys James, Jake Scott, Hannah Myers, and Menna Phillips have also been reselected for North/South Squad.
The County Potential Squad trains on a Saturday morning 7-9am at Haverfordwest Leisure Centre. The County North/South squad trains 6-7.30am on a Tuesday morning 7-9am at Haverfordwest Leisure Centre. More details on the County Squads and selection criteria can be found on the Pembrokeshire County Swimming website under Aquatics Pathway, Squads and Selection.